Acne: Causes and Treatment
Acne is an inflammatory process of the hair follicles and sebaceous glands which are located near them. Since a particularly large number of small hairs on the skin are observed on the back, face, chest, and the open part of the chin, acne appears there. Each fine hair contains in bulb its structure located deep in the skin. Sebaceous glands are near the bulb. They produce sebum secreted onto the surface of the skin for its lubrication. Excessive production of sebum as well as failure to comply with all rules of hygiene causes blockage of the mouth of the small hairs. As a result, there is a very large accumulation of sebum directly under the skin. Propionibacterium acnes bacterium is considered to be the most active agent of this disease. Gradually, the bacteria begin to multiply, thereby causing the occurrence of inflammation which in turn leads to redness, pain and swelling of the entire area around the hair follicle. Acne is to be treated. What are the main reasons of acne?
- Unhealthy food habits. Eating foods that contain a sufficiently large amount of cholesterol, as well as excessive consumption of sweets can cause excessive secretion of sebum which in turn causes the development of acne. Very often this disease affects people who suffer from obesity.
- Direct sunlight for a long time. It may also provoke acne, as there is excessive keratinization of the skin in this case. Short sunbathing on the contrary help to get rid of acne, as well as it has a positive impact on the entire skin.
- Hereditary predisposition. In most cases, acne develops in people with oily skin. It's no secret that the oiliness of the skin can be transmitted by inheritance.
- Lack of zinc in the body. It increases the production of sebum, thus causing the development of acne. Zinc deficiency is most often seen in people who eat monotonous foods.
In fact, it is hard to get rid of acne. It takes a lot of time and effort because acne treatment requires everyday care of facial skin. If you want to know whether you can cope with acne on your own or need a help of a specialist, then count the number of spots on one side of your face. If there are less than ten, while in your case it is mild acne, you get rid of that at home. If there are more than ten, then you have a complex pathogenesis of acne and need a specialist’s observance. The basic principles of treatment of acne are considered to be:
- Proper care for oily facial skin.
- Decrease in the activity of the sebaceous glands which tend to synthesize sebum.
- Preventing the development of comedones.
- Antibiotic drug therapy in case of severe acne, accompanied by the emergence of numerous acne.
There are various ointments, cremes and medications that can help to cope with acne. The most effective are considered to be Roaccutane and Zineryt. These drugs are used worldwide to cure acne. It should be said that such treatment is highly effective.
Ok-Pharmacy.com does not offer doctor's professional advice. See additional information.